*THE PROCESS CHANGED FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR*
**PLEASE READ FOR INFORMATION REGARDING CHANGES**
WHAT IS A CONTACT PARENT?
A contact parent helps plan the classroom parties, secures volunteers for various school events, and is a liaison between the PTO and the classroom parents for grades K-4. Contact parents for each class in grades K-4 are chosen in the fall.
If you are interested in becoming a contact parent for your child’s class, follow these steps:
- By September 10, 2017 at 5PM, e-mail MarsContactParents@gmail.com the following information
- Your Name
- Child’s Name
- Teacher and Grade (If Kindergarten, provide AM or PM)
- Whether or not you’ve been Contact Parent for this child before
- Whether or not you would like to be Head Contact Parent
- Phone Number
*You must provide this information for each child/class you wish to be a Contact Parent*
**E-mail requests after 9/10/17 at 5PM WILL NOT be recognized in the selection process**
- Using the information collected in Step 1, Contact Parents will be selected and you will be notified via e-mail -either way- by late evening on Monday, September 11, 2017.
- For parents selected as Contact Parent, there will be a non-mandatory informational meeting on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 10AM in the PTO Room. The PTO Room is located in the Centennial School Building, Room 112.
NOTE 1: Contact Parents are NOT selected at this meeting, this is an informational meeting ONLY for those parents already selected as Contact Parents for the 2017-2018 school year.
NOTE 2: You must have your driver’s license scanned to attend this meeting!
Any questions? Contact us at MarsContactParents@gmail.com
Jenna Falkner, MAE Building Chair for PTO
Heather Johnson, PC Building Chair for PTO
There are no Contact Parents selected for grades 5 and 6, as classroom parties are eliminated. Instead, the PTO Centennial Building Chair responsible for the Social Committee plans and coordinates three grade-level parties to be held in the gym/cafeteria: Fall Festival, Holiday Party, Spring Party. Each grade celebrates for one hour. The parties are run with the help of parent volunteers, who are solicited by the PTO in the weeks prior to each celebration.