Field Trip Committee
The PTO sponsors and coordinates fields trips for every class, grades K-6. The PTO covers the cost of admission and bussing for each student. In addition, the PTO provides a class t-shirt to every student to be worn on their field trip and on their field day. Students must pack a lunch or order through the cafeteria.
Field trips require parent chaperones. Teachers are responsible for selecting chaperones, and each classroom teacher selects between 3 and 5 parents. To chaperone a field trip you must have your Independent Volunteer clearance ($27 fee for all 3 clearance must be paid by chaperone) and pay a $15 fee to attend the field trip.
*This paperwork needs to be completed each school year regardless of your volunteer status the previous year.
The deadline for the 2023-2024 school year is December 1.
Questions about Field Trip venues should be directed to the committee members listed above.
If you have a question about your child’s field trip day, please contact your teacher!
Parents/guardians who are interested in serving as Elementary (K-6) Field Trip Chaperones, must be approved Independent Volunteers. In accordance with District Policy 916 Volunteers, to apply to be an Independent Volunteer, individuals must:
- Complete a District Volunteer Application (available online at www.marsk12.org)
- Obtain the following clearances:
– PA Child Abuse History Check (Act 151) — www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis
– PA Criminal History Check (Act 34) — https://epatch.state.pa.us
– FBI Federal Criminal History Check (Act 114) — https://uenroll.identogo.co
- Be approved by Mars Area School Board. (Note: Upon Board approval, Independent Volunteers will be placed on an “Approved Independent Volunteers List” that will be provided to the Building Principal.)
Those parents/guardians, who submit all required information and clearances by December 1st 2023, will be listed on the School Board agenda for approval at the next board meeting. For more information, visit www.marsk12.org.